As the annual tradition of Convocation was inexplicably stricken from this year's Homecoming festivities, the MFAeA encouraged alumni and friends to "Gather at the Gate" on front campus. On Saturday at noon, the sounds of class songs, social club tunes, and laughter filled the air around the Old Maid's Gate as alumni celebrated the reunion classes and the newest additions to the Long Blue Line. The Rogue social club won a special award for demonstrating the most spirit!
Any idea how many folks were at the gate? Students? Alums?
ReplyDeleteBy my estimation, there were at least 150 people there. Mainly alums, but some current students. The D'Belles and the Rogues were particularly front-and-center. I know of one social club whose members were (reportedly) actively discouraged from attending, but for the most part, there was a good, enthusiastic showing from current students.
ReplyDeleteAll the Troubadours were there as well.
ReplyDeleteIt looks as if there were a lot of folks at The Gather! Wish I could have been with you all. Maybe next year.
ReplyDeleteSo hate that I missed Homecoming and the Gathering! Congrats to the Rogues for winning the Spirit Award!!!
ReplyDelete