Sunday, April 17, 2011

MUW Alums Are Now United

This is one of those posts that I get to write because I do most of the writing for this blog.  It is a post that is my opinion and not the opinion of Mississippi's First Alumnae Association or anyone else besides me (unless he or she shares my opinions).

One of the highlights of Homecoming this year was that Mississippi's First Alumnae Association and the MUW Alumni Association voted to merge with MFAeA being the surviving entity, and agreeing to change its name to the MUW Alumni Association.  The first opinion I would like to express is gratitude to all those who worked to make this happen.  Thank you to Interim President Allegra Brigham, MFAeA President Lillian Wade and MUW Alumni Association President Mitzi Green for working to undo the damage done to the school by the former president.

The second opinion I'd like to post is that now is the time for all alumnae and alumni to come together and work for the good of MUW.  It is time to support MUW by recruiting students, spreading good news about the school and supporting it financially.  It is also time for fiscal accountability on the part of the Foundation.

Hail to Thee MUW!

No comments:

Post a Comment