Anne Swearingen, Class of 1973 is a floor nominee for the office of director. Anne received her B.S., in Journalism from MUW and her MA from the University of Memphis.As one three sisters who attended The W, (Lynn Swearing '76 and Jane Swearingen '74-'76), Anne feels forwever linked to "those who came before me and those who come after me in a shared experience that has no comparison. The W gave me more than I can ever give back and continues to do so through the friends I have made from different decades as well as those from my era. We share something special that permanently binds us to one another. It is my hope that my granddaughters will choose to go to MUW. Heaven knows I'll do one heckuva PR job to make it happen! (Elizabeth went to Homecoming with me two years ago and is still talking about it. She even learned to sing sis-a-boom-sis-a-boom-rah-rah-rah!)"
While at MUW, Anne participated in Mississippi Press Women, MSCW chapter Women in Communications, Inc., MSCW chapter, Spectator, Reveler Social Club and "other stuff I don't remember".
Anne has been with her Partner, Carla (MUW c/o 1987), for 11 years. She is the mother of two sons, Chris (28) and Matthew (27), and has three granddaughter, Elizabeth (9), Gracie (7), and Madison (2) The family also includes four dogs -- Oreo, Molly, Toby and Leftie and four cats -- Spanky, Tucker, Dickens and Sadie.
Anne is Director of Creative Services for The Sharpe Group, leading planned giving consultants. Her hobbies include cooking (and eating), reading (Southern authors), and spending time with W friends.
Her goal as a board member would be to "Be a part of the move toward re-affiliation with our alma mater and contributing in whatever way I can to the continued excellence and women's mission of MUW."
No comments:
Post a Comment