Welcome to the Blog Spotlight. Every week, we will introduce you to MUW alums who write about their lives, careers, families, and hobbies on their own blogs. If you would like to be featured, contact us!
Blog: SEC Sideline Diva: A Southern Girl's Take on College Football (http://sidelinediva.wordpress.com/)
Blogger: Erin Gioia ('07), Birmingham, AL (writing under the pseudonym Nikki G.)
Having spent years following various blogs started by her friends, Erin began to wonder last year if perhaps she should dive into the blogging world with her own site. However, she was initially hesitant to begin a blog. "I had never seriously looked at blogging myself because writing is definitely not something that comes easily to me," she says.
But Erin soon noticed that there was a dearth of blogs devoted to one of her favorite topics--college football--that were written from a female perspective. "I found several blogs dedicated to NFL games but not college ball," she explains. "I started thinking about what I could write and decided I could blog about college football from the point of view of an educated woman."
Calling herself the "SEC Sideline Diva," a name that she created as a combination of several friends' recommendations, Erin began blogging at the start of the 2010 college football season. At first, Erin wondered if she would be able to maintain a regular blogging schedule, but her worries were ultimately unfounded. "I decided to take it as a personal challenge to make it through the entire season with two posts a week," she says. "I did manage to make it through Championships weekend!" However, she admits, "I didn’t quite make bowl season like I planned." And while football season may now be over, Erin will be back to writing regular posts when the players hit the field this fall.
Some of Erin's favorite blog reads include:
Favorite football blog – Gridiron Goddess - http://gridirongoddess.net/
Favorite author blog – Shanna Swendson - http://shanna-s.livejournal.com/
Favorite W folks’ blogs – When Pigs Fly - http://wpfllc.wordpress.com/ (the blog of Lydia Quarles '71); Inklings of a Scriblarian – http://caelynreynolds.wordpress.com/ (the blog of Carrie Pate '07); True Classics: The ABCs of Classic Film – http://trueclassics.wordpress.com/ (to which Erin is also a contributor)
Favorite other blogs – Marshall Ramsey – http://marshallramsey.com/
Thank you, Erin, for sharing your blog with us. Make sure SEC Sideline Diva becomes one of your must-reads when football season cranks back up again this fall!

No comments:
Post a Comment