Sunday, December 12, 2010

Holiday Memories: DixieHeart Caroling

Two of the responders to our Holiday Memories survey told us about DixieHeart Caroling.

DixieHeart Caroling! My social club, Lockhearts, caroled with the D'Belles during the holidays. I will always remember the the look of those red hearts and green sweatshirts. Special momements with some of my favorite W friends creating priceless memories. I wonder if they still do DixieHeart Caroling?
Michelle Byars Gray '87


DixieHeart caroling was fun!  D'Belles always did Secret Sisters and we revealed them at our Christmas party. A few of the ornaments on my tree came from that party my senior year - I know this cause the folks were kind enough to paint their names and the date on the ornaments. My big sister gave me a sock monkey that I picked out at the annual Christmas bazaar in the student center. (That was always a fun thing to attend and a good place to get ornaments and little gifts for special people). She made me think she didnt buy it and then made me go on a treasure hunt to find her! That sock monkey was dressed in a green gingham dress - that's why I wanted it cause I kept saying she was wearing a D'Belle Rush dress! I gave her to a girl from my church who was a W Girl about a decade after me. Although I'm glad she had her at The W all those years, there are times when I really wish I would have kept her! Id love to have her now!!  Kim Jobe Class of '85

No comments:

Post a Comment