I got a wonderful education at the W. I was taught by excellent teachers, made life-long friends, and learned to be an independent thinker. I was taught to learn and keep learning at the W. The women and men graduates I have met have proved that I was not the only one that learned this. I'm proud to tell people where I was educated. Beth Wheeler Dean, Class of 1974
I am most thankful for the outstanding education, priceless memories, leadership opportunities, and wonderfully loving friendships that have lasted over the years. Anghaarad Teague Dees 1995.
Why are YOU thankful you are or were a W student?


I'm thankful for my social clubs and the sense of pride I have in being a part of such history and tradition.
ReplyDeleteMcCall Townsend Aldridge
Class of 2003
I am not a W student but I am thankful for the W; most esp for a W alum that suggested (on more than one occasion; she was persistent) my dd check out the college. We are from CT but were settling in AL long-term and knew nothing about small schools in the area. My dd was not initially very excited but after a tour, a scholarship and Hearin Leadership weekend - she was sold. We are thankful to the Ina Gordy endowment fund that provided my dd with her Centennial scholarship.
ReplyDelete